CMI is an Oregon Corporation headquartered in Portland. Kaye Youngren, its C.E.O. and Owner founded the company in 1972 under the name of Condominium Management, Inc. Since its original formation CMI has been registered to do business in the State of Washington. The name of the company was changed in 1993 to Community Management, Inc., to more accurately reflect the broad base of clients CMI serves.
Your Community - Our Commitment
Your Community - Our Commitment is more than just words to CMI's staff members. CMI has been a pioneer in meeting the ever-changing needs of community association management. From single-family homeowners' associations to townhouse developments to sophisticated high-rise buildings and everything in between - CMI is here to serve Your Community.
Cutting Edge Maintenance Programs
We take a great deal of pride in the fact that each of our Associations is very well maintained. In 1993 the CAI Oregon Chapter initiated a Community Association of the Year Award for Oregon communities (planned unit developments, condominium and townhouses). The award is given to one association in each of four size categories. Physical plant maintenance was an important consideration in the judging of the awards. Annually, we submit applications for this award on behalf of several of our clients. We are very proud to be able to say that our clients have been selected for this coveted award in each of the last 10 years!
Full Service Company
Responding to the ever-changing needs of our clients has been the hallmark of CMI's growth. In 1981 we created a maintenance division. We then became a registered general contractor. In 2004, we expanded beyond maintenance and began offering other services, such as concierge coverage, to our clients. CMISD is a service division of Community Management, Inc., and we provide a wide scope of services to our properties ranging from changing a light bulb to major construction repairs. Uniformed, courteous technicians provide emergency response service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our mission is to provide timely, professional and cost-conscious services to our clients. So whether it is a concierge program, maintaining your swimming pool or spa, having your parking lot or gutters cleaned, or rebuilding a deck, CMISD is here to serve you.
Active In Trade and Professional Organizations
CMI has been an enthusiastic affiliate in Community Associations Institute (CAI) since the founding of the Oregon - CAI Chapter in 1981. CAI is a national organizations of community managers and Board members. CMI is a founding member of Oregon Washington Community Managers Association (OWCAM) an inter-state trade organization that furthers professional and ethical service among community managers.
One of our Community Managers was the founding delegate who was instrumental in forming the Legislative Action Committee (LAC) for Oregon-CAI. This group works closely with the legislature on matters of significance to our homeowners associations and to those of us that work in this field. CMI is also active in the "working group" of professionals who have organized to participate in legislative issues in Oregon that relate to our industry.
As part of our participation in both OWCAM and CAI, CMI proudly subscribes to their Codes of Ethics as a demonstration of our commitment to the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
Continual Staff Education
CMI invests heavily in the continuing education of its community mangagers. Our community managers attend accounting classes at Portland Community College. We have found this education to be very valuable in training our managers to analyze client's financial reports. Additionally, as part of our commitment to excellence, our Community Managers (as well as several of our staff members) attend local, regional and national seminars and classes sponsored by our trade organizations; this keeps us on the cutting edge of changes within our industry.
Four of CMI's fifteen community managers have obtained CAI's highest designation Professional Community Association Manager (PCAM). Our remaining Community Managers are studying for their PCAM designations as well. In 2001 CMI was awarded the coveted CAI designation of Accredited Association Management Company (AAMC). CMI is one of the only management companies in the State of Oregon to be granted this designation. Please refer to the resumes of our Community Managers for other designations held by our staff.
Our staff receives on-going training in the use of the latest software programs. Our management and accounting staff currently use Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013 on Windows 8 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,) as well as the latest version of Timberline Software's accounting program.
CMI’s commitment extends well beyond managing communities by supporting its staff in their involvement in community service activities. Our staff is encouraged to participate in charity and community-based activities. We continue our involvement as follows:
- Sponsored Murrayhill All Stars Little League Girls Fast Pitch.
- Nicole Bower-Cronauer (daughter of Denise Bower) was on the team who won District games, went on to win the State Games, from there to win the Regional Games and ended up in 6th place in the World Series. Way to go girls!
- Corporate and Service Division Staff participated in Polish the Pearl and won the award for the most participants.
- Through Portland Christian Center we sent several high school students to summer camp.
- One of our favorite things to do is to sponsor the Royal Family Kids Camp (again through Portland Christian Center). This is a summer camp for battered and abused children. One of the highlights of the camp is a Birthday Party for 50 children. We also sponsor the Christmas Party for them each year.
- The Citadel Military College of South Carolina Scholarship Foundation
- Northwest Medical Team – Hurricane Relief Fund
- Salvation Army – Operation Santa Claus for the families of deployed soldiers.
- USO – Operation UpLink (phone cards for deployed soldiers so they could call home).
- Family Assistance to injured soldiers.
- Family Assistance to families of deployed soldiers.
- We sent gift boxes to deployed soldiers in Iraq filled with books, personal items, DVD’s, food, clothing and other items they can enjoy.
- Operation AC: Boots on the Ground. Provided Desert Boots to soldiers in Iraq.
- Operation Helmet: Purchased upgraded inserts for Marine helmets.
- Youth Guidance is a home for displaced teenagers. We provided personal hygiene and room furnishings for 8 children.
- Purchased back to school supplies for under privileged children and children of single moms.
- Nashville Red Cross. Tornado Relief.
- Participated in the CAI Golf tournament.
- Volunteered for Street of Dreams
- USO, Operation Enduring Care meeting the special needs of troops wounded in the War on Terror.
- CaringBridge, CaringBridge® is a nonprofit 501 organization offering free personalized Web sites to those wishing to stay in touch with family and friends during significant life events. Our mission is to bring together a global community of care powered by the love of family and friends in an easy, accessible and private way.
CMI is proud to continue to support our military through USO, Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, Operation Adopt-A-Soldier or Marine and Operation Adopt-A-Soldier. And we encourage others to play a part. Click on these links above to involve yourself!